Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The Master

Master of the domain, with a command on his lips.
Face etched in concentration, coursed with rivers of sweat.
Implements flash as what is whole becomes mere pieces.
Steam dances around the room, hot moisture fills the air.
Muffled crushing, wet snaps, and the steady clink of steel.
Sharp, tangy scents hanging elusively out of reach.
Master of the domain, obsured in a heavy haze.
Dark eyes, quick and busy, filled with determination
Movements rhythmic in the oppressive ocean of heat.
Bubbling water, a sizzle, and the woomph of fire.
Thick exotic fragrance, intertwined with the familiar.
Master of the domain, orchestrating each moment.
Hands carved of experience, and strengthened with success.
Taking all the fragments, creating a masterpiece.

2 comments:

  1. not til I read the "Labels" did I realize a chef in a kitchen... my mind painted a blacksmith, metalworker or a sculptor of metal. Definitely a Master in Carharts, as "sharp, tangy scents", and "Thick, exotic fragrance", spoke to me of a hardworking male... Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The metal worker fits well too! I hadn't thought of that, but I already had the kitchen in my mind.

    ReplyDelete